Monday, September 2, 2013

I'm Back. . .

Hello friends!
So, I fell off the blogging worlds edge.  I envy my favorite bloggers who are able to post daily or even weekly.  It seems when things get busy, the blog is the first thing to go!  I am making a pledge to blog at least 1x per week, hopefully more.

I have just finished my first week of school.  It was possibly the hardest first week I've ever had!  I have 8 kiddos with severe autism.  Four are returning to me and have done well remembering how to follow classroom procedures.  Four are brand new middle schoolers and have a ton to learn.  They have difficulty just sitting in their seats right now!
I also lost both my fabulous parapros from last school year.  One left to go to an elementary campus to work with the itty-bitties.  The other followed some of our most difficult students to high school.  I was blessed with two new great people, but neither have ever worked in a classroom for students with autism.  It has been a little overwhelming trying to train the staff AND students at the same time!

Anyway, for my first post back, I'm joining in with a "Currently".  If you want to join, run over to Oh' Boy 4th Grade and link up!  





4 comments:

  1. I respect you so much for working with students with autism. Being in the classroom for 10 years and seeing those teachers work their butts off...you deserve much respect!! I hope you enjoyed your long weekend!!! I'm your newest follower:)

    Tammy
    Come By and Visit My Blogs!
    ”Dots” of Fun!
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooove Big Bang Theory! Have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think one of the hardest things for teacher is to set those boundaries of time off of work. I think we all tend to be perfectionists, which makes it difficult for us to step out of teaching mode. Even without my own classroom this year, I'm constantly planning for my next assignment. I think it's really healthy to set those hard limits to enjoy being a real person! :) That being said, I'm sure all your planning has prepared you for a great year. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, so hard to train staff! I just always wonder why they can't read my mind. They don't teach you that kind of stuff in school :) Anyway, I feel you. Thanks for commenting on my blog and being so encouraging and letting me know I'm not alone! It will get better, it has to :)

    ReplyDelete